So one night on L&D in the wee hours of the morning we thought it might be fun to form a team and compete in a sprint triathlon in the spring (if you're reading this and work on L&D and haven't heard of it yet, consider yourself joined). It consists of a 300m swim, 11.5 mile bike ride, and 3.5 mile run. I've always wanted to do this and had started to train last year right when I got pregnant, so it got put on hold. Anyways, I figure the biking won't be hard, the running I can work up to pretty fast, but the swimming is going to kill me. I'm the swimmer that has to plug my nose when I jump in the water. Tonight was my first swim workout, and I can still feel chlorine burning in my nasal passages. The good news is I learned how to dive in head first (no, I didn't learn this when I was 10 like everyone else) and I think I have the breathing and stroke synchronization down. Now to work up to 300 m when I can barely do 100m. Here's to the challenge!
Monday, August 25, 2008
See Jane Swim, Bike, Run...
Posted by Erika at 8:03 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
YES!!! I am not in L&D... that took me a while to figure out what it was but I totally want to do it!!! Let me know when you are going to do one!
Good for you. Sean and I are doing one on the 6th just for kicks and giggles...giggles especially because I can't swim worth a darn and will probably drown and neither one of us have trained. However, we are doing one a little more serious in the fall if you would like to join in for a practice one. Hope all is well. See you this weekend! Go UTES!
I wish I was there with you I would get motivated and do it with you.
Post a Comment