After constantly inhaling smog and being stuck inside for the past week (stupid inversion), Elizabeth and I were in much need of some fresh, clean, non-toxic air. We headed up to Park City where it was wonderfully clear and bright. You don't realize how nasty it is down in the valley until you get out of it! We went to Olympic Park, which is actually pretty cool. They have the costumes and animals they used in the opening ceremonies of the games, all the olympic medals, and a whole museum-like thing about the athletes and their sports and all. It was really fun! We also hiked up around the luge track and, lucky us, they were practicing! It was cool to see the bobsledding and skeleton racing up close. Then we went on the tubing hill ($5 for unlimited tubing!) which was carved to perfection and we were the only ones there. It was great! We were completely exhausted at the end, but it was such a fun day. Usually by the end of January I'm ready to jump off a cliff due to the insanity brought on by cabin fever, so Elizabeth pretty much saved my life with this trip.
Thursday, January 22, 2009
A Breath of Fresh Air
Tubing is the only good thing about winter.
This was the stretch of the skeleton at the end where they go
Posted by Erika at 7:48 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
I am a bit jealous, not gonna lie. I am going CRAZY with cabin fever...ICK!
Post a Comment