Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Placid Lake, MT

Last weekend we headed up to MT-town to camp it out with Will's sisters Melanie and Stephanie and their families, and little brother Eric. It was Milo's first campout and our first big road trip (9 hours) and he did great! Little guy hardly freaked out at all in the car and loved being outside and dirty from sunup to sundown.


The boys went rafting down the Blackfoot River and caught a few fishies.
This one's just a little guy.
That's better, babes.


I don't know why camping food is so much tastier than anything I make at home.
The Lohmans sure kicked it up a notch with their shrimp and Elk steaks- mmmm.


Milo was looking pretty beat up by the end of the trip. He ate it hard core on a jagged rock and scraped up his face and got a fat upper AND lower lip. Blood everywhere. Then he got tackled by a puppy and hashed his cheek.
Poor little guy's chance at baby modeling might be over.

Basically it was the most fun trip ever and camping is like free babysitting. Check out the plants and animals, play in the dirt, ride in the canoe... Milo would make a good nomad because he would be completely occupied at all times. Best trip ever and I can't wait to make it up there again!

5 comments:

steph said...

I still think Milo's a got it made being a baby model! We miss the little guy already. (oh, and you two:) We're so glad you came up!!

melanie said...

I love you for not putting any fatty pics of me on there!!! It was so good to see you, I can't wait to give you my maternity clothes and be done.

Amber said...

Look at his poor face! Erika, you look great!

amelia said...

camping...love it! remember our trip to Grand Daddy Lake? Best 3 miles of my life! Your little dude is seriously baby gap meets baby abercrombie...

Janelle said...

Love it! Let's plan a campout with the crew. Milo is pretty much the cutest little buddy ever. Can't wait to be done so we can hang out more.