Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Radfords are in the Rabbit Biz

OK, we've been slacking on our blogging lately, so here is a post from William.


Over the course of about 1 week I went from never even thinking about getting rabbits to suddently having rabbits in the backyard. I think I can blame Terran Lohman because I remember talking to him about getting rabbits and chickens and now we have the rabbits.


So, anyways, last Fri I went to IFA and bought two wire enclosures and then went to Lowes and bought some lumber. Then that night after Milo went to bed and Erika had gone to work, I built the rabbit hutch. I still need to paint it, but I think it turned out nice. I based it on the rabbit hutches my Dad built for our rabbits growing up. Thanks for the plans you sent me Dad. So then on Sat I found some New Zealand Whites on KSL from a lady in Sugarhouse for $10 each. They are about 7 or 8 weeks old, so it will be a little while still before they can reproduce.

Milo doesn't seem to care too much about the rabbits yet. When I put him by them he'll pet them for about 2 seconds then go find something else to play with.


Anyways, having rabbits will be a fun hobby. Next item for the backyard now: Chickens. Im excited to check out the Lohmans chicken farm when we visit in July.







7 comments:

melissa said...

You guys are crazy! It will be nice to have the eggs from the chickens! We need to come over and see the rabbits, Colton would love them. However he'd also want to pick them up and I'm not sure how well that would go over...

Annie said...

John would never let me have bunnies let alone chickens! I would love to have one of the different breeds of chickens you can see at Thanksgiving Point.

Janelle said...

Love it. Can't wait to pet the little guys/gals. I had rabbits and chickens growing up. Good times. Watch out for the poop. Good work on the hutch, is the coop next?

Erika said...

I'm not entirely sure how we ended up having a farm in our back yard... maybe we can get me a pony? And a goat? This brings back the Idaho in me.

Kristin said...

you gonna eat your pet rabbits too like you did growing up?

melanie said...

Just seeing those rabits makes me hungry.

steph said...

Nice hutch Will!! You are well on your way to a petting zoo. You can't blame us for the idea tho. We pretty much had a mini farm growing up:)