Tuesday, March 2, 2010

It's your Birthday, shout HOORAY!

Woot Woot! Milo turned 2 yesterday, March 1. We had so much fun hyping him up for his birthday. All week we told him on his birthday he gets cake, ice cream, and presents and that it's basically the best day ever. The day of his birthday was a blast- it was warm enough to play at the park in the afternoon, which in itself would have been enough to make Milo the happiest kid on earth. When Will got home we went to..... wait for it..... CHUCK E. CHEESE. That's right. Where a kid can be a kid. With lots of hand sanitizer. Add in a few awesome presents (basically anything that is a truck/car) that knocked his socks off, a cake that looks like a bowl of dogfood, and staying up late until he's so tanked that he melts into an absolute wreck (but sleps in an extra hour and a half the next morning) and it just about beats last year's carnival (which really, I enjoyed more than he did). This birthday was all about him and to see his little face light up all day was the best part.






I can't believe how he's turned into such a little boy in basically a week. Some his many accomplishments and quirks I don't ever want to forget:

His favorite phrase is "Milo do it!", from getting dressed, to brushing his teeth, to getting into and buckling his carseat (that one is the worst. It takes at least 5 minutes. We're always late.)

My favorite phrase of his is "Is this?" (As in 'what is this?' He says it so cute and is so inquisitive.)

He can count to 13 (random number, but it's how many stairs we have), he knows the colors yellow and white (everything else is blue), and can recognize a few letters.

He's an absolute chatterbox from the moment he gets up (unless an unfamiliar face appears, then good luck getting more than a "bye" out of him).

He is beyond polite. He says "Thank you momma" everytime I give him anything. So sweet.
He loves Henry. He wants to hold him, kiss him, show off for him, show him books and toys. I hope they are always the best of buds.

His favorite activities are playing in the backyard shooing the chickens, reading books, and racing his cars all around the house. He does those things all day everyday and couldn't be happier about it.

He is so sweet, so mellow, so loving. Once he's decided he likes you, he will be your best buddy forever (right, Bob?).

I absolutely adore this kid. He's awesome! Sometimes Will and I want to wake him up in the night just to play with him. Sometimes.
The morning after: I hardly even got a hello before he
raced to play with his new toy. He's been doing this exact
thing ALL DAY. Best toy EVER.

I think I'll have my cake AND a cupcake for breakfast, mom. And some milk please. Thank you.

6 comments:

Janelle said...

Love him. How does he look so old all of a sudden? Loved the cute cake and all the fun tidbits on him. Miss your guts. Let's get together...yeah, yeah, yeah...you know Parent-Trap. The end.

steph said...

I love all the pictures and highlights of the birthday and your one on Henry. We miss you guys!! Happy Birthday Milo!!

The Kleins said...

Wow! He really is a big boy. What did you make the cake out of? It looks like so much fun!

Corinne said...

He is getting so big and even cuter! Happy birthday Milo!

melanie said...

I love that will looks just as excited for the toys as Milo does. What a sweet little boy. I love the cake!!! and oh lets not forget how cute Henry is. I miss you guys.

Grant Family said...

Cute!