Tuesday, December 16, 2008

That sweater is really ugly...

Will and I thought we were so brilliant and funny when we came up with the idea of an Ugly Christmas Sweater party, when come to find out it's a nationwide phenomenon that everyone's already heard of. It was still fun even though we didn't invent it. We raided the DI and our mother's closets and hit the place where we knew we'd fit in seamlessly- the Chuck O' Rama (you know you love it). There were people there who's outfits were as good as ours, and they were just being festive! (And one girl in a full on wedding dress....?)


I felt really icky wearing a turtleneck all night. I'm sending out a decree right now that everyone should stop wearing turtlenecks. They're yucky. (P.S. I think Will's hair looks so good look that- even though he was trying to look weird.)


John was the winner and scored some sweet kinetic art for his festiveness.





Milo even got into the spirit.
After The Chuck we hit the Temple Square lights- so pretty and one of my favorite things to do each year. The boys were all snuggly and warm and cute.

12 comments:

melanie said...

I love love the sweaters!!! You are so hot.

Becky Workman said...

that's hilarious. I'm copying and hosting one next year, too funny, I love it. I'm really not copying you though since you didn't invent it. Will, I love yours the best, nothing like a manly man in a cardigan.

The Pond's Lily Pad said...

OMGosh! Those sweaters are totally hilarious! And you're right; you guys totally fit into Chucks (one of my favorite places to eat!!)So funny!

Adrianne said...

those were some AWESOME sweaters! what a fun idea!!

The Kleins said...

I think Milo should have been wearing his leg warmers to go with his ugly sweater. :)

maxfamclan said...

I hadn't heard of the idea yet, so I think you are very creative! I have no doubt you came up with it yourself, you are that creative. fun night for sure!

Amber said...

You guys are clever! I think that Will's sweater is way more ugly. I like his hair though.

Anonymous said...

Fun Times! Thanks for organizing it, we had so much fun!

Crystal Taylor said...

Erika, hey were did you get your cute popcorn bags? I love them! Crystal...p.s umm I think you guys need to go on "What not to wear for Christmas lol" You looked HOT!

Janelle said...

LOVE it! Looking forward to next years party!

Adaire and Will said...

That is so funny! Don't worry, this is the first year I've ever heard of an ugly sweater party myself. Looks like fun.

steph said...

I laughed my head off looking at these. Great idea.