Sunday, November 29, 2009

Santa is my Homeboy

There is a lot to learn about Christmas when you're not yet 2 years old and you spent the year before in Florida and it didn't really count. So last week I got some Christmas books and Milo and I started cramming. We've reviewed reindeer, elves, the North Pole, presents, Christmas trees and decorations, and of course, Santa Clause... it's a lot to take in. About a week after I presented his little brain with all this new information, who did we see at the Gateway but Santa himself. Now, anyone who knows Milo knows that he is not the kid to leap into a stranger's lap, so I didn't have huge expectations for a photo op with Santa. But Milo's eyes got all big when he saw him and he was completely mesmerized by the whole Christmas scene- he sat right on Santa's lap without a peep and gave him knuckles. I've never been more proud. It's good to know he's got the Christmas bug this year like I do.

P.S. This was at Discovery Gateway- it was darling and cute and cozy and no one else was there- a million times better than standing in line at the mall. I absolutely recommend it. Plus, Santa had a real beard and smelled like sugar plums. This is going to be the best Christmas EVER.

7 comments:

Valerie said...

I love that he is giving him knuckles, but at the same time his little face and eyes are so wide and a little unsure. What a cute kid. Christmas gets so much more fun with kids, especially as they get older, Stockton has been a hoot this year, his Christmas list is a mile long ha ha ha.

Becky Workman said...

Soo stinkin cute!!! love the knuckles! So brave. Tell him I'm super proud of him! And love the sweater Milo!

Janelle said...

Yay for Christmas!

Anonymous said...

That is the cutest thing ever!

Amber said...

You should have Milo talk to Kylee and have him tell her that santa is not that bad of a guy. She freaks out when she sees him.

Corinne said...

At least he doesn't smell like beef and cheese like the one in Elf.

I love the knuckles! You WILL have the best Christmas with Milo loving all the presents and such and then the new baby...I am jealous!

steph said...

That is the cutest thing ever. My kids always have Santa phobia from about oh birth to 12 years old. I am so impressed he would go to him. We saw Santa at our mall 2 days ago and Blake would talk to him (no sitting on the lap) and Bryce watched him from behind a tree about 30 yards away and told me what message to relay to him. That works too in a pinch.