Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Calling all recipes!

I'm stealing this idea from my friend Elizabeth- I'm in a dinner rut and would love it if you would post your favorite easy and yummy dinner recipes. It seems like we always end up having quesadillas 3 days a week and when I try a new recipe it's not always the best. So your tried and true yummy recipes would be much appreciated! It's actually win-win- you can steal the ideas too. I'll start off with a couple of my (Will's) favorites:

Thai Peanut Stir Fry

In a saucepan, heat 4 Tbs chunky peanut butter, 3 Tbs soy sauce, 3 Tbs honey, 1-in minced ginger root, ,1 clove minced garlic, 1 tsp crushed red pepper, and the juice of 1/2 an orange. Heat until it starts to boil. It's the best sauce ever and I just pour it over frozen stir fry veggies with chicken and serve over rice. MMMM!

Cafe Rio Pork

In a crockpot mix 10 oz ketchup, 1 Liter Coke, 2 lb brown sugar; add an 8 lb pork roast and cook 8 hrs on low. Shred the pork and add back to the liquid. The dressing is 1 Hidden Valley Ranch packet, 16 oz sour cream, 1/4 c mild, and 7 oz can salsa verde. I serve it with rice, lettuce, cheese, and tortillas. We had this at Milo's baby blessing and it was a hit!

Cookie Salad (sounds weird but it's good)

2 c. buttermilk, 12 oz Cool Whip, 1 lg pkt vanilla instant pudding, 1 c pineapple tidbits, 2 c mandarin oranges, 1 c sliced strawberries, 1-2 pkgs Keebler Fudge Stripe cookies.
Mix all except cookies (make sure to drain the fruit very well. Crush cookies into chunks and add right before serving so they don't get soggy. Yummy for a summer treat!

7 comments:

Janelle said...

Great idea! I will get some posted by the weekend!

Crystal Taylor said...

this one is simple but yet we love it cause its quick and yummy.
boil egg noodles (enough for you and will to eat)
then cook chicken then cut into strips, I use 2 chicken breast.
Then when noodles are done I drain and put either 2 scoops of butter of Olive oil to make it moist.
Then I add Parmesan cheese about cup to give it good flavor.
1 garlic minced
then I add the chicken in with the noodles and stir it really good. Very very yummy hope it works out for ya!

Cass said...

Oh I'm a recipe girl. I got tons. We'll have to get together soon before the big move and I'll stock you up. Meanwhile, check out mealsmatter.org. It is fabulous. It has recpies, a format for weekly meal planning, and it creates grocery lists of the recipes you plan on cooking. It is wonderful.

Becky Workman said...

mmm, the thai sauce sounds good, maybe I'll try tonight. Here's a favorite of everyone and super easy, love those can opening yummy dinners:
Bean/rice enchilladas
1-2 c. rice
1-2 can drained, rinsed black beans
1 can rotel tomatoes drained
1 can corn drained
tortillas
2 cans enchillada sauce
shredded cheese
sour cream
Just cook the rice, then start throwing it all in a big bowl (cooked rice, corn, rotel, and beans) and mix up. Then scoop however much you want on to tortilla shells and roll up to make enchilladas. then pour sauce and cheese over top, foil, and bake for 30 minutes or till looks done. Serve w/lots of sour cream, and we like tortilla chips w/too. This is always a hit, and always a safe one to make when those vegetarian friends have a baby.....

melissa said...

will...coach whittingham lives just a few blocks away from my paretns and he has a son my little bro's age; they've been friends since like kindergarten and were in the same prom group. small world!

Janelle said...

Hey, for the Cafe Rio Pork dressing...1/4 cup mild what???

Erika said...

Janelle- that's supposed to be milk.