I've come to the conclusion that our little one might be a tad more high maintenance than most babies. The last couple of weeks his little personality has required constant one on one attention in the form of bouncing, rocking, standing (setting him up on his little legs), swaying, and playing. He hates being set down and left alone, and always seems like he needs us right in his face entertaining him. He really doesn't even like to just sit in your arms- he's got to have movement. I love to play with him and all, but it's kind of hard to make dinner, clean the house, clean myself, even go to the bathroom when he's got a two minute time limit of entertaining himself without me. And after a night shift its almost physically impossible to constantly bounce him when I feel like I'm going to pass out myself. So this week I was about ready to leave him out in the yard when I pulled out the Baby Einstein Discovery Gym. He isn't really entertained by toys yet so I didn't expect much, but this thing goes to number one on my list of best inventions (surpassing TiVo and spray butter, which were tough to beat)! It has a sun in the middle of it that flashes different colored lights and plays music, and he stared at it for 40 minutes! I felt like maybe it was going to give him a seizure, but I was so relieved to make dinner without a baby on my hip that I took my chances. He danced and giggled the whole time, and probably would have kept going if he didn't get tired.
Best. Invention. EVER. I heart Baby Einstein.
He also loves the bike trailer we got- never makes a peep. This kid is making us get lots of exercise for sure.
Here is proof that the tougher babies are, the cuter they are. I think it's their own kind of protective mechanism so we don't purposely leave them at the grocery store.
7 comments:
Love it! Love that Baby Einstein came to the rescue, love the pictures, love his adorable-melt-your-heart grin, love the bike trailer, love the theory that God made them extra cute so we don't neglect them, love it all! Are they pretty secure in those bike trailers? I have been debating using one because he is so little.
Wow, I LOVE all the smiles!! He seems like such a happy little guy. Love the bike trailor, have you been off roading w/it yet?
The kids aren't supposed to be younger than 6 months old before you put them in the bike trailer because they can't hold their head up, but they also sell this head supporter thing as an add-on and that straps in there and supports him really good. After a while he will start to slouch a little bit to the side, but he is really secure in there and must be comfy since he doesn't cry in it much. We went a mile up Mueller Park on a dirt road with him in it and that seemed to be too bumpy, but it does have a suspension system to take out some of the bumps.
That bike trailer looks like the cadillac of bike trailers! That's awesome. I'm glad that Milo likes the Baby Enstein toys too!
Yey!! Baby Einstein comes to the rescue. I am so glad you found something to help you regain sanity.
Next you should try the baby einstien movies while he is in the swing. That is how I used to get dinner done.
Or you could just order out that also works
He is getting so big!! And smiley ... that is too cute! K we need to all get together real soon!
Post a Comment